Welcome back to Behind the Blog!
I’ve got a bunch of these lined up, and I can’t wait to share them. It’s fun reading the answers and finding out a little more about some of my favorite bloggers.
Grab a snack, sit back, and enjoy!
1. What’s your name and blog address? Kendel, http://travelingtogether.wordpress.com/
2. How long have you been blogging? Since January 2010
3. What do you love / hate about blogging? I love that it helps me remember what I did each day and allows me to record this time in my life. I love that blogging forces me to photographic the seemingly mundane features of every-day life. I hate that I’m so slow. Really, there must be a faster way to blog.
4. What’s your favorite color? I love green and blue.
5. Favorite movie? Father of the Bride
6. Favorite book? No surprise here, Eat, Pray, Love. I read it at least once a year.
7. Favorite food? Indian
8. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, who are you kidding?
9. Favorite tv show NOW and when you were growing up? Since I live in Germany, my favorite shows are limited to the few I can understand with my limited knowledge of the language… I like Das Perfekte Dinner. A show where 5 strangers take turns entertaining each other and cook a 3 course meal- one person per day. German cooking reality show at it’s finest. Growing up I loved Globe Trekker… and still do.
10. Do you like playing sports? Watching sports? Nope… I like more independent athletic activities. Maybe because of the many hours I spent sitting the bench throughout school.
11. Are you a coffee or tea person? Or neither? Both, but I will usually take coffee over tea.
12. Do you have tattoos or piercings? No tattoos, only pierced ears.
13. Do you have any special talents? Hmm…. I’m really good at detecting when someone is lying (probably from all the practice as a teacher.)
14. If you could go anywhere in the world TOMORROW, where would you go? India. I dream of learning how to cook in a crowded, tiny, dirt floor kitchen from an old and wise Indian grandmother.
15. Last thing you ate? A Tibetan curry with vegetables and paneer served with rice.
16. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher and mother.
17. What was your favorite subject in school? Reading
18. What games did you play when you were younger? I loved LIFE- my mom’s rules were simple- if you filled your car with the most babies and got to the end first- you won. I’m still not sure what values she was trying to emplace. I also used to play school, house, and detectives.
19. Favorite restaurant? A small Arabic kebab place with a beautiful restaurant in back. They make falafel that’s to die for.
20. Favorite store? IKEA. I am always inspired by the way they use small spaces. Very creative. (Does it count as a store?)
21. Favorite animal? House cat
22. Favorite thing to cook/make? Paneer Masala. Even meat eaters are amazed by the amazing flavor in this vegetarian dish.
23. Most embarrassing guilty pleasure? Spoonfulls of peanut butter dipped in dark chocolate chips. Certainly not healthy.
24. Do you have any nicknames? One of my friends from college calls me Kendelicious… as does her entire family. I secretly love it.
25. List one thing the “blog world” doesn’t know about you but should! I am the only girl in a family with 4 children and I’m the only child who has moved out of the tiny Midwestern farming town I grew up in.