Where did this morning go? I was sitting down to my computer and starting work before I knew it.
Nick and I ran again this morning! My right leg is still a bit tight, but it wasn’t as bad as yesterday.
The world was waking up with us this morning. I saw:
- A neighbor’s dog, rolling around and scratching her back in the middle of the road
- A cat about to catch a mouse…until the cat saw us walking up the road
- The mouse
- My favorite gray cat from down the street
- Another white cat, orange cat, and Roxy’s twin
- Big, angry storm clouds over the mountains, but blue skies over our heads
- A calm river
- A big garden, full of greens, cabbage, tomato plants, corn stalks, a few yellow squash and bright squash blossoms
- An older man walking his dog, who syrupy voice greeted us as we ran by “How’r ya’ll this mornin’?”
- One rabbit
- A stuffed groundhog. Seriously.
Pretty eventful run for 6:30 am on a Monday :)
But the weather was perfect, and I love where we live. I love that we’re so close to the river and that everyone is so friendly. I don’t think I can ever live anywhere that people don’t wave to each other, even if you don’t know them.
After showering, it was almost time to get to work!
I put together a quick banana split and got working with my coffee.
The best thing about banana splits is the banana can be a total mess underneath and you’d never know it :)
My banana broke into 3 pieces while I was slicing it down the middle this morning, but once I loaded in the oatmeal, strawberries, and almonds, it still looked good!
Roxy want some oatmeal?
Work has been crazy today. Nonstop. Days like this make me wish I didn’t have email. Or a phone. Or a computer.
But lunch was awesome!
I made 2 little hummus sandwiches with some whole wheat bread.
Bread layered with TJ’s 3-layer hummus, sweet potato falafel, red onion.
These falafel are turning out to be the meal that keeps on giving. Good thing there’s only enough for one more day :) They’re delicious, but I’m ready for something new!
Plus a BIG salad!
Lettuce, tomato, black olive, red onion, avocado and a quick homemade dressing with some olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, dijon, and oregano.
I hope this holds me over through the afternoon! It doesn’t seem like work is slowing down at all today.
What’s your favorite salad dressing?