Did you know I use 2 bowls every time I make oatmeal?
I almost always cook my oatmeal in the microwave, but after cooking and stirring in my cinnamon and other mix-ins, that bowl doesn’t look very good.
Streaks of oatmeal and clumps of cinnamon on the sides of the bowl don’t make for good pictures.
So I have a whole process for oatmeal making:
- Cook oatmeal in microwave
- Take out and add in cinnamon (and any other mix-ins that day)
- Transfer to clean bowl
- Add toppings
- Take pictures
There’s no way I could cook the oatmeal in this bowl and still have it look this good ;)
Today’s mix was:
- 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup water, pinch salt
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Just 4 Nuts Butter
- last of the TJs omega trek mix (about 1 Tbsp?)
It may be weird that I do this, but I’d rather get a better picture than have to look at a messy bowl in each shot!
And we don’t have a dishwasher, so I know I’m just creating more work for myself…but I don’t mind it.
Off to work! Today’s going to be busy.