Dear Mexican Restaurants,
Is it possible for me to eat lunch and not walk around smelling like one giant tortilla chip for the rest of the day?
My lunch was awesome, but sitting in my office for the next 4 hours was not. You know it’s bad when you can smell it (even though no one else can) and you’re getting grossed out.
Don’t you hate that? Mexican Restaurants + Subway always do that to me! You can go in there for 5 minutes and smell like those places for the rest of the day. Good during lunch, but not so much after. Blech. I’m surprised I’m still in my clothes and not pajamas!
Dinner was great!
I love buffalo.
Especially local buffalo. This one isn’t from a town near us, but it is from Virginia.
I made a “ buffalo helper” type of dish.
Buffalo Chili Mac
- 1 lb. ground buffalo
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 3-4 cups water/broth
- 2 cups small pasta (I used shells, but macaroni would be great, too)
- 1/2 cup lima beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 Tbsp ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- salt, pepper
- Saute the onion in olive oil until softened.
- Add in buffalo and garlic and brown the meat.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, spices, and water/broth; bring to a boil.
- Add in pasta, reduce the heat to medium and let simmer until pasta is cooked.
- Stir in beans and corn.
I had my chili mac with a side of broccoli for a little more green with dinner. And I love adding corn to chili-type dishes – that little bit of sweetness is so good with the spice.
Off to play with Maggie! She’s pouting :)