Happy humpday, people! Thank goodness this week is just about halfway over. It’s just been a mess so far!
I think my computer issues should be a bit better today at work – plus, we have an exciting thing happening on Friday, so I can’t wait!!!
I was so excited when I was getting peanut butter out of the jar yesterday because I knew it meant I could have this today.
Today’s mix was all about the peanut butter + apple.
- 1/3 cup oatbran, 1 cup water, pinch salt
- 1 small apple, chopped and heated up for 1 minute with MORE cinnamon
- about 1.5 Tbsp pb in the jar
I love the big blob (ha, I wrote blog!) of pb that’s waiting at the bottom of the jar, but I think my favorite part about doing this is the little bites of melty pb that follow you down the sides of the jar.
If you haven’t tried this, you should! It’s good with regular pb, flavored pb, almond butter, nutella…you name it.
While finally getting to watch the latest edition of VeggieGirl tv yesterday (my internet is too slow at home), I started thinking about my family’s traditions at Christmas.
- We always open one present on Christmas Eve, and that present is always new pajamas
- No one can open anything on Christmas morning until we’ve gone through everything in our stockings
- We always go to a family friends’ house – that might as well be family – for breakfast on Christmas morning to exchange gifts with them and have breakfast casserole, fruit, juice, and coffee
Since Nick and I have been married, we’ve actually only been at his parents’ house for one Christmas so far because of schedules, but we’ll be there this year.
I do, however, remember that Nick’s parents HID all the presents that were under the tree and we had to go on a scavenger hunt to find them again. :)
What are your family traditions around the holidays? Specific meals? Places you go?