Happy Friday!!! I’m so happy it’s the weekend – and next week is Thanksgiving! Can you believe it? I feel like this year has flown by.
I had a hard time deciding on breakfast today, mostly because I wanted pumpkin oats but didn’t have any banana.
I made PB & A & J oatbran instead!
- 1/3 cup oatbran, 1 cup water, pinch salt
- 1/2 small local Gala apple (diced and microwaved for 1 minute with cinnamon)
- crunchy pb
- four fruits jam
This would be really good with banana in the mix, but I liked the apples in here, too. It gave the oatbran a different texture.
I got a question the other day about meal planning and wanted to get your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions, too!
I’ve posted what my grocery list typically looks like, but my meal planning for the week doesn’t always happen the same way.
Sometimes, I have the next week’s meals planned before I even start to actually make my list.
And sometimes (like today!) I’m scrambling to figure out what I want to make next week so I can get my list done.
Mostly, I try to do the following:
- Keep a list of recipes I see online or on tv that I want to make
- Go through fridge/freezer to see what we already have
- Base meals (if possible) around what we have at home and what’s on sale that week
- Find recipes that use the same ingredients or herbs or garnishes so I don’t waste what I buy.
- Make at least 1-2 things that will leave us some leftovers for lunch options
It’s not a foolproof system – well, it’s not really a system at all – but sticking with these things usually helps me get a pretty good list together.
And even when I have a great meal plan, there are still weeks where I end up not following the plan at all, which is also fun.
How do you do your meal planning, or do you? If not, how do you do your shopping and decide what to buy?
…and what are you making this week? I need ideas ;)