When I heard about this Oikos Na-MOO-ste Giveaway, I had such a hard time figuring out what I wanted to make!
The only things I knew were that:
– I wanted to bake something
– I wanted to use pumpkin
– I wanted it to be a healthy treat
– I wanted it to be good enough to actually eat ;)
Luckily, they came out perfect.
Pumpkin Trail Mix Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Oikos Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp good vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup trail mix (mine had cranberries, raisins, almonds, and dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger.
- In separate bowl, stir together brown sugar, oil and egg.
- Add in yogurt, pumpkin, milk and vanilla to the egg mixture.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined.
- Fold in trail mix.
- Grease muffin tin or use paper liners and fill 3/4 way.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I actually got 12 muffins and one mini cake out of this recipe – the mini cake was baked in a ramekin, and Nick and I split that the other night to “make sure they tasted alright” ;)
The pumpkin and whole wheat flour make it a relatively healthy muffin, but the trail mix (especially those dark chocolate pieces) still give you the feeling that you’re having a treat.
It’s like the best of both worlds!
These are great warmed up alongside a cup of tea, like I had yesterday afternoon.
The Oikos muffins are also great broken up on top or more Oikos for a filling breakfast or afternoon snack.
I also think they’d be great made with the honey Oikos for a little more sweetness.
Want to enter this awesome giveaway?
It’s only open to bloggers, but it’s a really cool opportunity to win a weekend retreat at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health!
There are three different ways to enter:
- Share an original story about why you need to say “Ohm”
- Post a photo of you doing yoga in a toga (Oikos is Greek yogurt after all!)
- Share a recipe you created using Oikos yogurt as an ingredient
All entries must include the following link to the Oikos Facebook fan page in the post http://www.facebook.com/oikos . Randomly selected entries will be posted on the Oikos Facebook wall throughout the contest.
Once your post is up on your blog, email the link to email@example.com and you will be entered to win! One winner from all eligible entries will be selected at random. You can find the complete list of rules and restrictions at http://www.stonyfield.com/Kripalu/.
What’s in your favorite trail mix?