What a long day – the fact that it’s getting darker earlier now is just messing me up. I feel like it’s so much later than it is!
Work was good – steady and busy – and I broke out a snack around 4 this afternoon.
Have you tried these Cascadian Farms granola bars? They’re good. I haven’t tried any of their other flavors, but we really like the chocolate chip ones. And no HFCS!
I worked more until Nick got home, and then we went for a 3 mile run today. The weather was just beautiful today. I wanted to do the 7 miles today, but by the time we got out there, it was too late. I just don’t want to be running after dark and Nick was only going to do the first half with me. I’m hoping to get it in Thursday if the weather is good.
Either way, a run is a run, and today was a good one. Got my heart pumping (ha, I just typed pumpkin) and moved around some more.
Tonight’s meal was so good and so easy.
It’s been a long time since I’ve made homemade chicken noodle soup, and I’m very glad I had that on the meal plan for this week.
Homemade soups are SO good!
For this soup recipe, I used:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of thyme
- pinch of parsley
- 1.5 cups diced rotisserie chicken (could leave out and make an awesome veggie noodle soup!)
- 8 oz. whole wheat noodles
- Bring a large pot up to medium heat and add a bit of oil. Add in onion, carrot, celery, garlic, and bay leaf and let cook 5-10 minutes or until the veggies are softened.
- Add in broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Drop in noodles, bring back to a boil, lower the heat and bit and let the noodles cook.
- Stir in the chicken, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Remove bay leaf.
So simple, but super tasty.
I also heated up some whole wheat/oat yeast rolls I made a while ago and froze. Just pull them out of the bag, put them in the toaster oven until thawed and a little browned.
I spread a little honey butter on mine.
It turned out to be a great meal since it got much cooler here again once the sun went down.
We just watched HIMYM (a pretty funny one, K!) and are listening to the end of the Hokie radio show right now.
I’m thinking tonight may be a popcorn night :) My stomach is wanting something else already.
What’s your favorite soup to eat or to make?