I love reading all of your responses to my post this morning! There are so many good ideas and suggestions, and it’s nice just knowing the other people are dealing with this same thing.
Now for that breakfast I didn’t get to show off earlier :)
I finally remembered to buy some dark chocolate chips decided I needed to try it on some oatmeal.
I mean, dark chocolate is good with everything – and why hadn’t I tried it on oatmeal yet?
I don’t think I could have had a better or more tasty bowl of oatmeal.
The base was:
- 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup water, pinch of salt (necessary!)
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin, stirred in at end
- TONS of cinnamon. Like 2 tsp or something ridiculous
- 1 Tbsp crunchy pb
- 1 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
For bowls of oatmeal with toppings that melt (i.e., peanut or almond butter, chocolate chips, etc), I always eat the bowl from the outside –> in. I like to save the very middle of the bowl for last, so all the last bites have the MOST nut buttery/chocolatey goodness :)
Such a great way to start today – especially since it is gloomy and rainy outside!
For lunch today, I had more pasta leftovers along with some green beans and a sliced orange.
The pasta was good, but not as good as that breakfast.
I kind of wish I just had another pb and dark chocolate-topped bowl of oatmeal for lunch. :)
Do you eat certain things in strange ways? Like saving the melty pb/chocolate chip middle of your oatmeal for last? Or saving a piece of everything for the last perfect bite?
Tons of fun giveaway!
- Missy Maintains Halls Refresh + more goodies
- Prior Fat Girl Nut-Buttery Giveaway
- Nature’s Path Giveaway over at Eat Clean, Live Green
- Nasoya giveaway from One Fit Foodie