It’s almost time for work – better grab my coffee and get to it :)
Today’s breakfast was an idea I came up with earlier this weekend, and I finally had the time to make it.
I decided my submission to be the Nature’s Pride Bread Ambassador at the Foodbuzz Blogger Festival needed to be:
I think I got it!
I didn’t want to just do a sandwich, so I kept thinking of what I could do for breakfast and had an idea to make stuffed french toast using pumpkin in the filling.
Man, oh man, was this good.
Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast
- 2 slices Nature’s Pride bread
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese
- ground ginger
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- splash milk
- Mix pumpkin, cream cheese, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, pinch of salt, and brown sugar in bowl.
- Beat egg with milk and another sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Spread pumpkin mixture between the 2 slices of bread.
- Dredge sandwich in egg mixture and cook in pan until egg is set/browned on both sides.
For the topping today, I heated up 1/2 an apple with some cinnamon and then mixed it with 1/2 Tbsp of maple syrup and a couple pecans.
I really wish I had made 2 :)
Best part of your weekend?