1. Banana + Dark Chocolate Dreams pb
Why is this so good?
2. Homemade soup, crusty bread, honey butter.
I made a homemade split pea and ham soup tonight that turned out great! It was super easy, too.
Split Pea and Ham Soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup split peas
- 1 hunk of ham from the freezer (could also leave this out and make it vegetarian)
- Saute onion, carrot, and garlic in a bit of oil until softened.
- Add in water and split peas and bring to a boil.
- Put ham in pot, bring back to a boil, then simmer for about an hour until the split peas are softened.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
It also helped that today was the perfect day for soup: still cold and gray once Nick got home and dinner was ready.
3. Gingersnap Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.
This stuff is ridiculous. It’s probably a good thing Ben & Jerry’s doesn’t come in larger containers :)
So gingery and cinnamony, with bits of cookie + strings of caramel.
The perfect way to end my Monday – along with the Hokie radio show (on right now) and How I Met Your Mother (5 minutes!)
Do you have any foods/combinations that are too good to be true?