Things I did today:
- Ate breakfast.
Strawberries, kiwi, turkey sausage
Eggs and oatbran.
- Went to church.
- Went shopping at Old Navy with Nick, then out for Mexican! Since we were originally planning on coming home for lunch, I didn’t have my camera – oops! I had a vegetarian sincronizada dish: tortillas filled with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, a little cheese, and jalapenos. Topped with lettuce, tomato, and guacamole. Yum.
- Had some Fudge Brownie Ben & Jerry’s froyo at the mall – again, no pic!
- Came home.
- Started more laundry.
- Cooked a new batch of steel cut oats for this week - I can’t wait to try them! It’s a new variation for me.
- Prepped for dinner.
- Cleaned the bathroom.
- Vacuumed the downstairs.
- Played with this one.
- Cooked and ate dinner.
I made this Eating Well Winter Squash Risotto, except I used cremini mushrooms and butternut squash. I also only added about 2 Tbsp of parmesan since that’s all I had.
Oh! and I just used quick cooking brown rice – it was the only kind I had, and it still worked out well!
Thank goodness for that Black Box Wine! It gave the risotto such a great flavor.
We had the risotto with some steamed broccoli + garlic.
Things I did NOT do today:
- Uh….blog until now :) I was busy, the weather was beautiful, and I just didn’t feel like turning the computer on.
- Run a marathon, a half marathon, or 10 miles for that matter! Make sure to check out all those runners today – congrats to all of you!!!
- Holly, The Healthy Everythingtarian
- Angharad, Eating for England
- Matt, No Meat Athlete
- Megan, Runner’s Kitchen
- Bake the cookies I planned on making. Oh well…those will probably happen tomorrow or Tuesday.
I’m worn out and I barely did anything today! Must have been the race + late football watching from last night catching up to me ;)