I had a feeling no one would guess exactly what I made :) A few of you were close, but no one got it completely right!
I have a feeling once you see this recipe, someone will make it for themselves. Or I sure hope someone does.
I’m not really sure why I hadn’t thought to make this until now – I’m just glad I did.
It’s so quick and easy to make if you have the ingredients on hand.
Nick and I have made such a huge dent in this already…it’s hard to not just shovel this in by the handful.
I tried to come up with a fun/quirky name, but I couldn’t.
So for now…I’m just calling it…
Brandi’s Kittie Chow – what…we have a cat, not a dog ;)
- 8-9 cups wheat chex
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Put cereal in large bowl.
- Put chocolate, nut butter, and butter in bowl and heat in microwave until melted, stopping to stir every 10-15 seconds.
- Once chocolate mixture is smooth, stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss until all of cereal is coated.
- Put cereal in ziploc bag and add sugar.
- Close bag and shake! Dance around the kitchen with it, if you want.
- Once it’s coated, spread it out on some wax or parchment paper to let it cool/dry.
Lick fingers after spreading it out on the paper.Wash hands of chocolatey almond butter goodness.
- TRY not to eat it all in one night :)
Although it’s still not the healthiest treat, it sure is tasty.
I cut the butter down a lot in this recipe, which really isn’t necessary anyway.
I think I’m going to try it with all dark chocolate chips next time, but I wasn’t sure how different that would be so I stuck with half’n’half this time.
Just beware – once you start, you can’t stop.
*I know, I know…no football post today – I’m not putting one up here today because I have a football guest post going up over at On A Lobster Placemat tomorrow! Make sure to check it out.
Here are some of the top games for this weekend:
Make your picks in the comments!