I ended my humpday in a good way.
We have a pear tree in our yard that has tons of pears right now, so I decided to make a pear dessert. It’s actually in the oven RIGHT NOW, so I’ll have to put up a review + pics later :) But it sure smells good!
We also have a bunch of these blooming through our fence, and they make me happy.
I love these nights – not dark when you get home yet and the temperature is just perfect.
Good news about that cookie I had at lunch – it was great! I’m going to have to remember that.
We ended up not running tonight – I’m actually pretty sore up in my back/shoulders, my arms, and my legs from yoga last night! Tomorrow was supposed to be my total rest day, so I’m just switching it up.
Dinner turned out to be pretty good – not my best, but I liked it!
I made what I’m calling Pork + Poblano Pot:
- 1 lb. pork loin, diced
- 2-4 poblano peppers, diced
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 cup quick cooking barley
- ancho chile powder
- Cook the zucchini in a bit of oil until it starts to brown, then take out of pan.
- Cook the mushrooms + poblanos until softened/mushrooms are browned, and take out of pan.
- Cook the pork until browned, then add in tomatoes, water, barley, and seasonings.
- Once the barley is cooked (10-15 minutes on simmer), stir in teh cooked peppers/mushrooms/zucchini and beans and heat through.
I also made kind of a succotash salad on the side – just a mix of lima beans, corn, red pepper from the garden, celery and a few diced tomatoes. Then I added in some salt, pepper, cayenne, dijon + lemon juice.
I think I need to work on the dressing, but I loved all the veggies together!
I’ve got a few things to work on tonight, including prepping breakfast – make sure to stop in tomorrow – you won’t want to miss it :)
What’s your favorite flower?