1. Last night, on our awesome run, my last mile was at 8:19!!! I have not run that fast since 5th grade.
Yes, 5th grade. I remember having to run the mile in 5th grade for our Presidential fitness test, and I ran it in 7:49. I only remember that because it was an easy number to remember, and I never really ran after 5th grade until last year :)
About the last 1/4 mile, I saw that we were running at about an 8:20 pace (kind of flat/downhill while the rest of our run is not level at all) and I sped up just to see if I could get it under 8:00. I was so excited when I did – I told Nick we were running right under 8:00 a mile!
Once we turned onto the last little stretch of road before getting to our house, Nick said “okay – let’s speed up – just go as fast as you can to the corner”. I did…and I felt like my heart was about to explode, but I looked down when we stopped and I was running at 7:23!!! Holy moly. There’s no way I could run at that pace for any longer than I did right now, but I was amazed.
2. Second reason I might be a ninja? I caught + killed one of those stupid little elusive fruit flies last night with my bare hands in mid-flight. I think it was the granddaddy of all the other ones we’ve had lately, and I caught him with my hand as he was flying by my face AND while I was shucking corn! I am a multi-tasking ninja, at that.
3. I stayed up pretty late last night to finish watching the FSU / Miami game and I actually got up on time AND made myself a good breakfast!
I actually thought I was late getting up because my sleepy eyes saw one time on the clock, but that’s not the time it was, thank goodness!
I also thought ahead last night and mixed up some muesli, but then decided I wanted a hot breakfast today instead of a cold one. So…the muesli will wait for another day, I guess.
It’s been a long time since I’ve had oats-in-a-jar. I’ve been waiting to get to the bottom of this jar, and today was the day!
- 1/3 cup oatbran, 1 cup water, pinch salt
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 Tbsp flaxmeal
- 1 Tbsp or so cooked oatgroats
- crunchy pb
Now I just have to keep working on my other jars…
Okay, spill it – Do you have any secret ninja moves or powers? What are your talents?