Thank goodness Monday is over. The day was pretty good, but I’m still feeling off.
My equilibrium is just totally out of whack again today! I do not like sitting still yet feeling like I’m moving….just not normal. It’s almost like medicine-head but not. Weird, is all I know.
Needless to say, we didn’t run today because I’m all wacky, but I did snack!
I had some Sweet Potato Food Should Taste Good Chips along with some of my homemade hummus.
Okay, I think these sweet potato ones are my favorites – or they’re probably tied with the multigrain AND the Olive ones.
Truthfully, I’ve really liked all of the flavors Beth and Food Should Taste Good sent us to sample. I think what I like best is the texture of these chips – they are perfect for dipping. Not too thick, but not so thin that they break in mid-dippage.
These sweet potato ones are really good in hummus, as are the olive ones.
I had this snack as I finished up work then Nick and I sat around watching the news and trying to decide whether to run or not…since my head was still being weird, we pushed the run back until tomorrow and I got started on dinner.
I have no clue what to call this, so I’ll just list the ingredients:
- 3 cups water
- 1.5 cups quick cooking barley
- 1 bag frozen veggie mix: onion, celery, okra, red pepper, corn
- 4-5 cups kale
- 1.5 cups leftover ham, diced
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp parsley
- Bring water to a boil and add barley.
- Let it cook about 5-7 minutes (halfway) then add in the frozen veggies.
- Once barley is almost cooked, stir in ham, kale, and seasonings and let cook until the water is absorbed and the kale is cooked.
What would you call this dish?
I have a feeling there will be a snack tonight….decisions, decisions.
Off to finish watching HIMYM and hope this weirdness goes away.