I was lucky to find some frozen leftovers last night for lunch today – don’t you love that?
I packed a serving of my Very Veggie Mac and added some extra broccoli to it – not the prettiest, but it’ll do.
I also had some farmer’s market melon + raspberries. I thought this was a cantaloupe when I bought it, but it was green inside! Any ideas on what it is? The outside looked JUST like a cantaloupe. Still tasty.
Since lunch isn’t very interesting today, I thought I would put up some interesting facts I got from Miranda at Cooking Light. She sent me an email with some findings they received after doing an online survey about Women’s Wellness – some of these are really interesting!
- Women would rather be thought of as healthy rather than trendy, wealthy, powerful, beautiful, sexy or successful. Only smart trumps healthy.
- The majority of women say they look younger (69%) and feel younger (58%) than they are.
- Nearly three-quarters (74%) pay more attention to their health and wellness today than they did 5 years ago. 6-in-10 (62%) say that living a healthy lifestyle is a high priority in their lives.
- Forty-two percent agree that healthier people are more successful.
- Seventy-five percent of U.S. women believe being mindful of their health is an investment in themselves. Nearly two-thirds (65%) say taking measures to live healthfully is a way to personally control their lives and futures.
- Six-in-ten agree that eating healthfully does not mean giving up flavor.
- The majority of women say their self-confidence is influenced by their appearance (74%) and their overall health and wellness (72%).
This report is based on a blind online study conducted among a randomly selected sample of U.S. women age 25+. The data in this report is based on 1020 competed questionnaires. The maximum margin of error is +/- 3% at the 95% confidence level.
What do you think about these findings? Do they seem to blend with what you see in people around you? Do you agree or disagree with these specific findings?
I was really happy to read these, actually. I think it’s so easy to be focused on things other than health, and our own health so often gets put on the back burner – this was refreshing to read that so many women value their health and make it a priority in their lives!
And thank goodness the majority of people aren’t still viewing “healthy eating” as plain grilled chicken and steamed broccoli. Seriously people – we can HAVE flavor! Most of the healthiest foods in the world have the best flavor on their own:
Fresh, vine ripened tomatoes
Apple in the fall
Cinnamon (okay, not a food, but I love it)
What do you think?
Make sure to check out these fun giveaways from 2 fabulous ladies:
SnackFace is giving away a sweet package full of veggie goodness
Missy is offering up Dave’s Killer Bread which I still haven’t tried!