I made these brownies a while ago, but never posted the final recipe!
They were featured in a guest post, thanks to Rose, but I never posted it here!
Maybe these will kick up some weekend baking?
Brandi’s Healthier Brownies
* 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* ¾ cup whole wheat flour
* 1/3 cup cocoa
* 2 tsp baking powder
* ½ tsp baking soda
* ½ tsp salt
* ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
* 1 square 60% dark chocolate
1. In large bowl, mix applesauce, sugar, and vanilla.
2. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda and salt.
3. Fold in nuts and chocolate.
4. Pour into 8×8 pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
These would be great with all different mix-ins!
I only used 1 square of chocolate chopped up because that’s all I had. I love the walnuts in them, but they would be great with pecans, just chocolate, dried cherries…anything!
These were somewhat fudgy, somewhat cakey. You could also sub some of the applesauce for some canola oil, and that might make them a little more fudgy.
They were great on their own right out of the pan or warmed up in a bowl with a little ice cream and chocolate syrup…yum.
Let me know if you try them!
Do you like your brownies cakey or fudgy?