Happy Humpday! Well, today is going pretty well even though I’m at work :) I would much rather be somewhere else, but it’s been a pretty low stress day, thank goodness.
Thank you for all the birthday wishes! :) and I liked reading your birthday memories, too. There were some good ones!
Lunch today was courtesy of Sunday night leftovers and it was nice and colorful –
Leftover cottage casserole + some of the smoked turkey
Some green beans
and this awesome peach I got from the farmer’s market over the weekend.
Since I haven’t had the blog very long and I wanted to do something kind of fun today, here are 26 things you might not know about me:
1. I write and eat left handed, but throw and use scissors with my right.
2. My favorite show of all time is I Love Lucy, followed closely by The Office and LOST and HIMYM (and Veronica Mars, which was cancelled even though we loved it)
3. I have 2 sisters – one older and one younger.
4. I went to 3 different colleges in 4 years and still graduated on time! Not sure how that happened.
5. I have 2 degrees, yet am not using either.
6. I make lists all day long. For everything. Paper lists so I can cross stuff off.
7. All of my best girl friends live at least 5 hours away from me.
8. I never cooked anything other than grilled cheese or boxed macaroni before I got married.
9. I have the best husband and family.
10. My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip.
11. Barney Butter is too salty for me – there, I said it!
12. I use huge purses at all times.
13. You have to get a Hot Brown or Bourbon Ball French Toast from Lynn’s Paradise Café if you are ever in Louisville. Holy heart attack, they were some of the best things I’ve ever eaten. (Here’s my guest post about it on Carrots’n’Cake)
14. I took piano lessons from age 8 -11 and am sad I stopped. I was in chorus from 6th grade through my first year of college, and I miss it.
15. I have an unhealthy obsession with the Food Network.
16. Shopping here is horrible – we don’t have any good stores.
17. I love roller coasters.
18. I have to watch super scary movies during the day (while it’s light outside) or I’ll have bad nightmares.
19. I really want a maxi dress for this summer…or a few.
20. I really want to travel all around the world someday.
21. I used to “make” some of my own clothes by changing stuff I bought at thrift stores. When did I get so lazy and un-fun? I had these sailor jeans that I loved! And raspberry chuck taylors.
22. College football starts in less than 3 months!!!
23. I still have trouble holding my breath under water.
24. Kelly green is my favorite color and I used to have diamonds painted on my wall in my room.
25. My first “real” concert was New Kids on the Block, I believe – loved it! And I’ve been to some awesome (and much better) concerts since then.
26. I think this year will be the best so far!
Okay – your turn! What’s something fun I don’t know about you?
Oh, and make sure to check out Missy’s grassy giveaway ;)