We got our car, we got our car!!!
Sorry for the gritty picture – I took it through the window before I forgot! We are so happy to have her back – everything is fixed, it is running well, and we are psyched. Hooray!
Before our car-picking-up excursion, I drank a green monster at work:
- 1 cup Almond Breeze
- 2-3 cups spinach
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tsp pb2
Meh – I really did not want to drink this, but I was hungry and needed a snack. I think I just didn’t want a smoothie? It tasted good – I just didn’t want it. I’m glad I had it though! It held me over until dinner was ready.
We left work at 4:30 so we could get to the auto shop before it closed and pick up the car. I know we are so lucky to have more than one car, and not having this one really didn’t change our schedule since we ride together every day anyway, but we both really missed having the car. We drive this car every day because it gets the best gas mileage of the cars we have, plus there’s enough room for us, our bags, computers, and whatever else we’re carting to and from work.
Once we got home with our baby, I went in to start working on dinner / breakfast tomorrow and Nick worked on the car and getting all the stuff back in it (floor mats, cds, etc).
I had a bunch of veggies I wanted to use in dinner tonight, as well as in breakfast tomorrow, so I worked double duty tonight.
Since I knew I wouldn’t have time to prep / cook this breakfast in the morning, I made it easy on myself and diced all the veggies I needed for dinner and breakfast.
You’ll have to wait until the morning to see breakfast, but dinner turned out really well!
Very Veggie Mac
- 1 box whole wheat macaroni (mine was 13 oz)
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 lb. asparagus, chopped
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- salt, pepper
- In large pan, cook peppers and mushrooms until softened. Take out of pan.
- Fill pan with water and bring to a boil. Add in pasta.
- In the last few minutes of the pasta cooking, add in asparagus and cook until crisp tender.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In smaller sauce pan, add in milk and 2 slices (or use shredded) cheeses. Mix together and let cook over low-medium heat until melted together.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and dry mustard into cheese mixture.
- Mix macaroni, veggies, and cheese sauce together and pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese (slices torn or shredded) and bake 30 minutes.
We had ours with more veggies ( broccoli ) and some smoked turkey Nick’s dad brought us this weekend.
I loved all the veggies in the pasta! I think I would make a little more sauce next time, but it still had great flavor.
I’m thinking about having a slice of that tart….but we’ll see if I actually am hungry enough for it tonight. It may have to wait until tomorrow – good thing we have plenty of it for this week!