Nick and I are up, showered, dressed and eating oatmeal :) I could not sleep last night because I was just thinking about today. I’m so excited!
I made a big bowl of oatmeal to help me through the race today:
- 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup water, pinch salt
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- handful strawberries and blackberries
- spoonful almond butter for staying power!
Check out that roasty almond chunk – yum.
So, my goals for this race are:
- Not walk unless absolutely necessary or through water stations, if needed
- Finish in 1 hour or less*
- Have fun!!!
*Most of these goals are doable, but the time one….I’m not heart set on because I have no clue what this trail is like. I would be stoked with 1 hour finishing time, but if it takes me 1:15 because the trail is hilly/rocky/muddy/super tough, I am okay with that.
We have an hour and a half drive to the race, then a full day filled with seeing Nick’s parents and going shopping for a kayak!!! I’ll be posting a full recap once we’re back home later today!
Enjoy your Saturday!