We were so productive this afternoon! We got this piece of carpet from Nick’s sister and her husband and wanted to put it in one of our rooms downstairs, so we had to measure and cut it to fit, then move the furniture out to put the carpet down. I love it! It looks so different in that room and I love the colors in the carpet.
After working on the carpet, I finished the laundry and started cleaning the house while Nick cleaned out his “work room”. We got everything done this afternoon….except running. We both forgot until just a few minutes ago. Too late now, but we’ll be able to get in a few runs this week before our race on Saturday.
So, the 5 year old dinner. I bought a package of cremini mushrooms last week and have no clue why I bought them. Since I needed to use them up this weekend, I decided to make a special meal.
I somehow remembered the very first meal Nick and I made together in this house, after we got back from the wedding/honeymoon. So I made that tonight!
Marriage Mushroom Pasta - 4 servings
- 7-8 oz. whole wheat pasta
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- garlic (fresh or powder)
- crushed red pepper
- soy parmesan
- Heat pan over medium until hot. Add a little olive oil to pan and sliced mushrooms.
- While mushrooms are cooking, start the pasta water and add pasta when water boils.
- After the mushrooms have browned, add in seasonings and diced tomato. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, put into pan with mushrooms/tomatoes, along with a little of the pasta water.
- Stir in about 1/4 cup soy parmesan (or real parm if you have it) and let it melt into the pasta.
- Let pasta warm through with veggies.
- Top with extra cheese and parsley.
We had ours with some roasted broccoli – I just put the broccoli on a sheet pan with some olive oil, salt, and pepper and cooked at 425 for about 15 minutes.
Then we had these:
My newest “healthy brownie” recipe topped with some vanilla ice cream and a little drizzle of chocolate syrup. Perfect way to end this weekend, I think.
Don’t worry – the recipe is coming soon :)