Who’s happy it’s Friday?!?
I’m so glad it’s the weekend – dinner was great tonight and easy! I love getting all kinds of stuff to grill – that means there’s less for me to do in the kitchen :)
Nick grilled a pork loin with his own special marinade – I have no clue what’s in it, so don’t ask – but it’s good. We also grilled some zucchini and yellow squash, and I put together a salad of romaine, strawberries, red onion, feta, and a dressing of olive oil/raspberry vinegar/dijon mustard.
Since I’m leaving him for most of the weekend, I also made a special *not healthy at all* dessert for him to have this weekend and it’s one of his favorites.
I’ve seen about 10 different names for these, but we call them 7 layer bars.
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 14 oz. can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup nuts of your choice (we usually use pecans or walnuts)
Mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs and press into greased 9×13 pan. Pour condensed milk over crust. Sprinkle toppings all over and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
So buttery and gooey :)
We’ll see what the blogging will be like after breakfast tomorrow since I’ll be traveling and staying in a cabin overnight – I’m not sure if I’ll have internet until I get back, but it will be fun and I am SO excited to see my girlfriends – we have tons to catch up on.
In blogland news, there are TONS of contests going on!
- Angela is offering up some healthy stuff – check it out
- Diana has a vita-licious giveaway going on
- Mara, Jenn, Kath and maybe others have some cool blogger jewelry – made by Mara’s dad! – up for grabs :)
- Zesty is offering himself to help you overhaul your blog! Nice, right?