I really wanted some muffins the other night, and I wanted apple muffins since Nick’s mom’s apple muffins are so good.
My goal was to make some healthier muffins, and I think they turned out really well!
I think these would also be really good with bananas or berries or even chocolate chips :)
Double Apple Bran Muffins
- 1.5 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil or applesauce (I used applesauce)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 apple, diced
- Mix wheat bran and milk and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir in applesauce/oil, egg, syrup, and sugar.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wheat bran mixture.
- Fold in diced apple.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
The best part of these? They make your house smell amazing while they’re baking.
They’re best warm right out of the oven, or even just heated up again for 10 seconds in the microwave.
They’re good on their own, but I think they would be delicious on some yogurt and oatmeal!
And we’re on the road!
I’ll be back later for a monster recap of the day. Hope you all have a great Good Friday!!!