Oh man – Body Pump was killer today! I am going to be sooooooore tomorrow.
I’ll get back to that in a minute.
I knew I needed a snack before going to BodyPump so I finally got to try this Kashi bar that I got in my prize package from Lindsay!
Yum! This flavor was so good! I really liked the texture of this bar because it took me a while to eat it :) This tasted like a healthier cinnamon roll! Thanks again Lindsay!
So…Body Pump was ridiculous. I only upped my weights on biceps tonight, but I was sweating more than I ever have in that class! It was pretty packed in there, but still – I had sweat dripping down my elbows at the end of the squat track, which is the FIRST track in the class! I got a good work out in tonight, that’s for sure.
Dinner needed to be easy + fast, and that’s what it was.
Another Variation of the Chicken Barley Chili
This version had:
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cans full of water
- 1 cup quick cooking barley
- 1.5 cups roasted corn from Trader Joe’s
- 2 12 oz. cans white meat chicken, drained
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- red onion flakes
- Cowboy barbeque seasonings from The Spice Hunter
- avocado, diced for topping
- Put tomato sauce, beans and water in large pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in barley, seasonings, and corn.
- Let cook about 1o minutes, or until barley is cooked.
Thanks again to everyone who participated in the giveaway – I hope to have many, many more in the future.
I’m off to work on an editing project and probably have a big glass of chocolate milk :)