How has your Thursday been? I’m so happy tomorrow is Friday – I am ready for the weekend. We’re supposed to have beautiful weather this weekend, and I can’t wait!
Work, work…I had a better day today. Maybe knowing Friday is so close?
Lunch was a black bean burger over some whole wheat couscous
and some green beans
Originally, there was also an apple planned for my lunch, but Nick and I decided to go get smoothies today. I’m happy we did!
I got the kids’ size of the Cran-Strawberry. This beauty had: cranberry and strawberry juice, strawberries, blueberries, and some orange sherbert. It was so good! I can’t wait to try another flavor. The kids size is 12 oz, and it was the perfect amount. I don’t think I could drink anymore than this at one time.
It was about 56 degrees when we got home so we went for a run. Nick ran a bit slower with me today and that seemed to help a bit with the cramps, but I still ended up having them for the second 1/2 of our run. I don’t know what else to do / try. I did not eat a banana today, and I tried not to drink too much water or eat anything after 3 so I wouldn’t have too much stuff in my stomach. Ah…so frustrating.
Now dinner….I was excited about dinner.
I pulled some steaks out of the freezer and Nick grilled them along with some red onion.
I made sure to take a picture of it before I sliced mine :)
I made a big salad with this steak and loved every bite.
- 3 cups lettuce
- 1 tomato
- grilled red onion, chopped
- 4 or so black olives, sliced
- about 1 Tbsp feta
- 3 or so oz. steak, diced
- homemade dressing: 2 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp red wine vinegar, 1 tsp dijon, salt, pepper, oregano
Perfect way to end today.
*Make sure to check out the giveaway over at Bella Eats!
So….why is today a Thankful Thursday? Well, I was reading Polly’s post today and thought that would be a good thing to focus on, especially since I need to get myself out of this funk about the job.
– I am thankful that I have a job and insurance
– I am thankful for my husband
– I am thankful that I am able to run, even when it’s not so fun
– I am thankful for food in the fridge and a good, healthy dinner
– I am thankful for my family and friends
– I am thankful for everything I’ve been given that I don’t deserve
– I am thankful for the One who accepts me as I am
– I am thankful for this blog for making me more creative and open, and for all of YOU – all the new friends I’ve made, ideas I’ve found, and this great community :)
What are you thankful for today?