Make sure to check out Vani’s awesome granola giveaway!!!
CAUTION: Massive post ahead! :) Grab your tea or coffee and get ready for a monster recap!
We had chiropractor after work yesterday, so I knew I wouldn’t get to post lunch/snack/dinner until late. Because of an additional surprise, I decided to just let this post cover 3 topics today:
1. Lunch/snack/dinner yesterday
1. Since the “lunch post” was a heart health one, I waited to post actual lunch until now. I had the last serving of the pork/kale/black eyed pea dish
Plus a not-so-good apple. There were a few mushy spots :(
Because of the apple disappoinment, I needed a snack in the afternoon.
I had some celery with almond butter – just imagine this picture times about 20 :)
Dinner tonight was light and full o’veggies!
Greek-ish Shrimp Salad
- 2 cups romaine
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp diced red onion
- 4 or so black olives, sliced
- 1 Tbsp fat free feta
- 3-4 oz. shrimp, cooked in a little olive oil and tabasco
- 4-5 croutons
- some homemade dressing (ff buttermilk, ff yogurt, scallion, oregano, salt, pepper, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, 1/2 Ranch packet)
This tasted like summer – almost made me forget how cold it is outside :)
I also had some popcorn with a little olive oil.
On to #2!
So….we got home from work and THIS was in my mailbox!!!
My Q.Bel bars from Joe & Betsy‘s giveaway arrived – and super fast! I wasn’t expecting these until later this week!
Of course, I had to a get a line-up picture:
I can’t wait to try these! Thanks so much!!!
I’ve been planning this one since we had the mashed sweet potatoes with dinner the other night :)
I call this….
Sweet Potato Casser-oats
This was a mix of:
- 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup water, pinch salt
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp walnuts – I didn’t have any pecans, which would have been great in this.
- 1 tsp brown sugar (see it melting?)
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened coconut
This is SO good – it definitely needs to be on oatmeal rotation whenever we have leftover sweet potatoes.
Off to work!