So, the lovely Diana from POM Wonderful sent me some POM 100% juice to try, and I was so excited when it showed up this week! I had seen other bloggers trying this, so as soon as I found out I was getting some samples, my mind started working overtime for recipes.
Can you see me?
The POM juice itself is great! It is pretty tart, but Nick and I both really like it.
Last night, I came up with my BSI entry for this week using the juice, and today’s breakfast has been about 2 weeks in the making :) I starting thinking about this meal as soon as I knew I would be getting samples.
Strawberry Stuffed French Toast with Pomegranate Maple Syrup (Serves 2)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 Laughing Cow light wedges
- 4-6 strawberries, sliced
- 2 eggs
- splash of skim milk
- 1/2 cup POM 100% juice
- 2.5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 strips fresh orange zest
- For the syrup, put the POM juice in a pan and bring to a boil. Drop in orange rind pieces and let simmer until it has reduced by half (about 5-10 minutes). Stir in maple syrup, let cook for another minute or two, then take off the heat.
- Slice the strawberries.
- Take 2 slices of bread and spread each with one laughing cow wedge.
- Layer the strawberries on the cheese.
- Top each with the other slice of bread.
- Beat the eggs and milk in a bowl or plate and dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture on both sides.
- Cook the french toast in a skillet until egg batter is cooked.
- Discard the orange zest/rind from the syrup, and drizzle over the french toast.
Look at that spot of syrup :)
This was SO good – it tasted like a strawberry danish with a tart and fruity maple syrup. The strawberries in the middle of the toast got hot and kind of melted into the cheese.
In fact…it was so good, I’m going to post every picture I took while eating this!
Plus a red mug of Love Buzz coffee
I’d say this was a successful red and pretty heart healthy breakfast!
– The POM 100% juice is the only brand guaranteed to contain 100% authentic pomegranate juice, is all natural and contains no added sugars/preservatives/colors/or cheap filler juices, and is proven to have cardiovascular benefits! Go POM!
– We used 100% whole wheat bread, fresh fruit, real maple syrup, and low fat cheese and milk
Plus, it was delicious!
I’m off to get groceries, then come back for lunch, laundry, cooking, and Hokie Bball at 3:30!
Hope you’re having a good Saturday!