As soon as Beadie announced that the BSI this week was kale, my brain started working overtime. I have been lovin’ kale lately, so I knew I wanted to come up with something creative and something I hadn’t tried before.
Somehow, I came up with Greens, Eggs, and Ham Pizza
Yum! This turned out SO much better than I thought it would :) I thought the idea was good, but I honestly had no clue if it would be good or not – and neither did Nick when I told him our dinner plans on the way home from work tonight. But – thank goodness – we were both pleasantly surprised.
Greens, Eggs, and Ham Pizza (Serves 2 – you could make a normal size pizza to serve more or have leftovers)
- 1/2 a TJ’s whole wheat pizza dough (the other half is in the fridge for tomorrow)
- 1 8 oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- Italian seasoning, garlic powder, oregano, crushed red pepper – all to taste
- 3 leaves kale, torn into small pieces
- 2 low fat string cheese sticks, grated (this was all I had :) ) It made about 1/4 – 1/2 cup cheese
- 2 slices lean ham, diced
- 2 eggs
- Put tomato paste, water and seasonings in pot over low heat. Let simmer to combine flavors.
- Wash kale, then add to tomato sauce. Let this cook 5-10 minutes.
- Once sauce is ready/kale is cooked a bit, spread this over your pizza crust.
- Add ham and cheese to pizza, then top with eggs. I only did 2 since this was just for us – you’ll want one egg per person, so place accordingly.
- Bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and egg whites are cooked.
I am seriously sad this is already gone. I just wanted to make sure we didn’t have leftovers since I don’t think the eggs would do too well reheating :)
Here’s my half:
Check out that layering!
Plus a salad with a little ranch dressing
Pizza + Friday night = Perfect!
See you tomorrow!