Wait….what? How did this get here?
I forgot I put this in my lunch box today! and just to prove that it is a mini toblerone, I took the picture beside my pen at work. These dark chocolate ones are so good.
I had Gnu bar around 4 today since Nick and I were going running after work.
The bar was good, my run was not :(
I like running. Outside. But it was just too cold to do that today.
I put on my mp3 player, grabbed a magazine, and hopped on the treadmill. Everything was going well for about 10 minutes….and then I just started thinking how much I hate running on the treadmill. The mp3 player helps a bit, but the magazine didn’t really. I could look at the pictures, but I couldn’t really read it very well while running. Then I was just waiting until I was done. I didn’t run as long as I wanted to today – but I guess something is better than nothing.
It’s just so hard for me to get used to running on the treadmill! Does anyone have any other tips for making the treadmill more bearable? Maybe I’m just not meant for it :) I guess I need to move somewhere warmer!
I was looking forward to dinner tonight. I got the chicken marinating once we got home, turned the oven on, and hopped in the shower. After I got out, I cut up the zucchini and put it and the chicken in the oven. Start the couscous 10 minutes later, and dinner’s ready.
Tandoori Chicken with Apricot Couscous and Roasted Zucchini
Quick Tandoori Chicken
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1 cup fat free plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (the secret ingredient!)
– Mix all ingredients and pour over chicken. Marinate chicken up to 8 hours (mine only marinated for about 15 minutes)
– Turn oven to 450. Bake chicken about 15-20 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- 1 cup Israeli couscous (regular or whole wheat)
- 1 cup water, 1 cup chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 1 can apricots in juice, drained and chopped
– Bring water and broth to a boil.
– Add couscous, turn down to a simmer and let cook about 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
– Stir in chopped apricots
I just roasted the zucchini with some oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder at the same as the chicken. To keep the chicken juices/marinade from making the zucchini soggy (and to only have one pan in the oven), I made a foil separator – it worked great!
My belly is happy.
I don’t think The Office is new tonight, but the re-runs are fun to watch – all the episodes still make me laugh!
Giveaways / Contests
- Send your BSI recipes to Beadie by Sunday!
- Go see Caitlin for her RoadID giveaway!
- Ryan is giving away another awesome item – check it out!