BodyPump was great tonight! I felt really strong in class, and I feel like I can really tell a difference in my muscles. Sa-weet! I upped my weights tonight a little, and it worked me hard!
I ate a hard boiled egg a few hours before class for a little protein kick
Once we got home, I started dinner, hopped in the shower, and then put the finishing touches on the meal.
Creamy Curried Lentil and Kale Soup
Spicy, but good!
I used the rest of our curried lentils as the base, but here’s the whole recipe (with my modifications) if making it all in one night.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 2″ piece ginger, chopped
- 1 cup lentils, dry (you can use precooked ones if you have them on hand – you’ll want 2-3 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (15 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- lime juice
- Cook onion and ginger in oil of your choice until softened.
- Add lentils and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until lentils are cooked. Drain any excess water.
- Add tomatoes and spices and let cook 5-10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Take half of lentil mixture and puree in the blender or food processor. Add back to pot.
- Stir in kale, curry paste, and coconut milk.
- Cook 10 minutes or until kale is cooked to your liking.
- Top with lime juice and cilantro.
On the side, I had a toasted whole grain Arnold Thin
Nick and I are about to share our last 2 truffles from my Valentine’s box of chocolates! Reviews will come later :)
I hope you’re watching LOST!