I tried so hard to post my breakfast this morning, but time just got away from me!
Breakfast was yummy!
2 eggs over grits. I may like eggs a bit too much :)
Some sliced gala apple and orange that Nick and I split
and some coffee :) Perfect again! French press Kona coffee just can’t be beat.
Lunch today was at church – we had a potluck right after church was over and I didn’t take my camera!
Just for the record, I had:
- 1/2 plate full of salad – I’m glad I brought salad! No one else did!!!
- piece of chicken baked with salsa
- black beans and a little couscous
- 1 slice pizza
- 2 homemade cookies
After the potluck, Nick and I ran over to Dick’s Sporting Goods to get some more running shirts. They had a bunch of stuff on sale and he got some really nice Nike DryFit tees for like $11!
Of course, since he wanted to try his new shirt AND because it was beautiful here today, we went for a run this afternoon. The weather was perfect – it was 60 just about all afternoon and the sky was blue and clear. It made me wish spring was here already! And until the last 1-2 minutes of our run, it was a really good run for me. I was keeping a pretty good pace and feeling good and just enjoying the weather and the run. I didn’t really get any cramps (yay!) for most of the run – that is, until the last two minutes. All of a sudden this cramp moved from my upper ribcage down into my abdomen and just about killed me for the last minute. I finished though! We ran for just over 32 minutes, so only having a bad cramp for 1-2 minutes is okay by me – and at least it was right at the end!
Once back home, we took showers and cleaned up the house a little before I started on dinner.
What better to have during SuperBowl than a SUPER BOWL of chili mac?
This made a HUGE amount of food, but that’s good since we’ll be eating it for lunches this week.
Super Bowl Chili Mac:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 cups water (or broth)
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups (dry) whole wheat macaroni noodles
- chili powder
- garlic powder (I was too lazy to chop garlic tonight) :)
- Cowboy BBQ seasoning blend by The Spice Hunter
- Cook onion in a little olive oil in a large pot.
- Add ground turkey and cook through.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water/broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in dry noodles, lower heat and cook until noodles are done.
- Stir in beans and seasonings.
- Top with anything! We used some of the leftover avocado topping from dinner last night, but this would be good with cheese, tomato, diced avocado, red onion, scallions, etc.
Enjoy the game (if you’re watching) and DON’T FORGET about the hour long “The Office” episode RIGHT after the game!